Last Updated: November 21, 2017
- What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It.
- How We Use The Personal Data We Collect.
- How To Access And Control Your Personal Data.
Personal Data We Collect:
GotSoccer collects Personal Data to provide you the best experience with our products and so that you may participate on your team, club and association. We collect data in the following ways:
- Information You Provide - Many of our services require you to register for a GotSoccer Account. When you register, we may ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number, gender, birth date and other personal data necessary for you to participate on your team, club and association.
- Information Others Give Us About You - Your team, club, association and state organization may provide us information about you. For example, team managers may enter your player information to register for a tournament or league.
- Information We Get From Your Use of Our Services - We may collect information about the events and programs that you use and how you use them, such was when you apply for a tournament or register with a club that uses our services. This information includes:
- Device information - We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Log information - When you use our services or view content provided by GotSoccer, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include details of how you used our service, such as your event attendance; Internet protocol addresses (IP addresses); System activity, browser type, the date and time of your request and referring URL; Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your GotSoccer Account.
- Unique application information - Certain services including event applications, background checks, player registrations, or programs registration have a unique application number. This number and information about your application may be kept by GotSoccer when you use our software.
Irrespective of which country you live in, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States or United Kingdom. In some cases, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those in the country where you live.
How We Use Personal Data We Collect:
We will share your Personal Data when we have a good faith belief that doing so in necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, including to meet any national security or law enforcement requirements;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of GotSoccer, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law;
- Note that GotSoccer may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security law or law enforcement requirements.
We also use the Personal Data we collect to provide you the products we offer, which includes using data to improve and personalize your experience, and to develop new products. We also use this Personal Data to offer you tailored content - like giving you more relevant programming and ads. Each such email which offers you programming and ads also provides you with the option to unsubscribe to such emails in the future.
When you provide payment data to make a purchase of our services, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our clients - like U.S. Youth Soccer, state organizations, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
In compliance with EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles, GotSoccer may be liable for appropriate onward transfer of EU individual’s Personal Data to third parties.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Data:
In accordance with EU-U.S. Privacy Shield principles, EU individuals have the right to access their Personal Data..
You can view or edit your Personal Data and control certain types of data in your GotSoccer Account. If you wish to access or edit the profile information in your GotSoccer Account, you can do so at any time by logging into your account. Certain information may not be directly changed by you, such as gender, name, and birth date after certain verification processes (examples include player pass and official roster information). You can view and edit certain preferences, such as which colleges might interest you, using the college recruiting area of your GotSoccer Account. You can also control who you share Personal Data with from your GotSoccer account. In the event you wish to opt-out of any use of Personal Data collected by GotSoccer, you can notify us using the following link (https://home.gotsoccer.com/support.aspx?content=contact
) that permission for any use of your Personal Data is withdrawn. If you opt-out of the use of your Personal Data, you will not be able to use our services.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it's important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Other Important Privacy Information:
- Ownership of Your Account - GotSoccer is a Software as a Service (SaaS) company. We own the actual accounts and have the right to restrict or deny access.
- Information Security - GotSoccer is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of security techniques to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services (communication is transmitted using the HTTPS protocol, using industry standard encryption algorithms);
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems;
- Where We Store and Process Personal Data - GotSoccer processes personal information on our servers in many states around the country. We may process your Personal Data on a server located outside the country where you live. For example we have Canadian and other international player and team information. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Compliance:
To learn more about the Privacy Shield Program, and to view GotSoccer's certification (appearing as GotSoccer, LLC), please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov
Privacy Inquiries and Dispute Resolution:
GotSoccer has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU Privacy Shield, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/
for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.